DUE TO escalating public interest and Junior Chamber International’s (JCI) desire to spread the net wide in our search for the most exceptional young Zimbabweans, the 25 April national deadline has been extended to 2 May 2014.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to be honoured for your excellence. By participating in the TOYP competition, you could win a prize from your nominating national organisation, JCI Zimbabwe and a trip to Leipzig, Germany, in November for the final award ceremony at JCI’s World Congress.
Nominating someone in this TOYP programme is a selfless act of encouragement and appreciation of young people that are doing great work that benefits them and society at large. Nominating yourself might feel vain or boastful, but is merely an act of sharing with the world about your great initiatives to trigger more acts of worldwide service.
Under the TOYP 2014 programme, JCI Bulawayo has taken the message out to the public by working with other JCI local organisations in Zimbabwe, as well as public and private broadcasters, public and private media houses, the civic sector, as well as the academia.
We have been able to reach entrepreneurs, humanitarians, environmentalists, child rights activists, sports promoters, as well as artistes.
Most of those that have responded have expressed gratitude for the acknowledgement of their efforts and promptly entered their details in our online nomination form or requested a printable form to complete.
How to enter TOYP 2014
If you would like to enter, use any of the following methods:
- Complete and submit our convenient online nomination form on googledocs, through the link provided on our facebook pages firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com,
- Email us on same the email addresses and request the link or a PDF form that can be printed out, completed and submitted to us,
- Request a nomination form from any member of JCI Bulawayo, Harare, City, Afrasia, Mutare, Kwekwe or Gweru,
- Request a printed nomination form from any of the following partner organisations: Association for Business in Zimbabwe, Family of God Church, Christ Embassy Church, Harvest House International Ministries, Congress of Zimbabwe Industries, the Bulawayo Art Gallery, the Zimbabwe Youth Council Environmental Management Authority amongst others.
JCI can assist by contacting your nominee and working with him or her to fully complete the TOYP nomination form to complete the process if you simply name the person and if possible provide their contact details and any other information you do have.
Nomination categories are:
- Business, economic and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment,
- Political, legal and/or governmental affairs,
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment,
- Cultural achievement,
- Moral and/or environmental leadership,
- Contribution to children, world peace and/or human rights,
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership,
- Scientific and/or technological development,
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment,
- Medical innovation.
TOYP 2014 general rules
- In addition to completing the form, nominees must ensure that they have complied with the following,
- Submitted a certified copy of the ID/Birth Certificate proving that they are between the ages of 18 and 40,
- Be citizens of Zimbabwe,
- Not current members of any JCI board,
- Signed the declaration of nomination form and submitted it attesting to all facts contained in the form and granting permission for publication of these facts. By signing this form, the nominee also indicates willingness, barring extreme circumstances, to attend the JCI TOYP ceremony at the JCI World Congress, if selected for the award,
- Submitted a good quality, 4” x 6” (10cm x 15cm) black-and-white, head-and-shoulders photograph must be uploaded with the official nomination form.
- Not be nominated the JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award (JCI CYEA) this year on an international level,
- Be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the following year.
Mlondolozi Ndlovu is the 2014 local president of JCI Bulawayo.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com