HomeNewsCrimeSATANISM SCARE

SATANISM SCARE

-

A 17-year-old Bulawayo man is battling for his life at the United Bulawayo Hospitals (UBH) after he was allegedly kidnapped by unknown people in Magwegwe before he was found unconscious in Hope Fountain a week ago.

STAFF REPORTERS

The man’s family from New Lobengula believes he was kidnapped by Satanists who drew blood from him.

However, sources told Southern Eye police believed he was drugged and sodomised by the unknown assailants.

Sources said the man was abducted by two suspected Nigerian nationals and a local woman on September 1.

He has been at UBH for more than a week with alleged serious anal injuries following what one source described as one of the most disturbing sexual assaults they had ever witnessed.

Investigations by Southern Eye revealed that police were probing reports that the man was kidnapped in the Magwegwe high-density area on the evening of September 1, drugged and brutally sodomised.

Police details found the man lying unconscious in an open area in Douglasdale near Hope Fountain with serious injuries.

Acting Bulawayo provincial police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Abednico Ncube could not be reached for comment.

However, probing by Southern Eye showed that the case had triggered interest from senior cops in the province and a crack team comprising senior detectives had been put together to investigate the matter and bring the perpetrators to book.

While confirming the attack on her son, the mother seemed to suggest he was attacked by alleged Satanists.

She suspected that his attackers drew blood from him for their satanic rituals.

“He was walking alone putting on earphones when three people kidnapped him and bundled him into their car and drove away,” she said at UBH on Monday afternoon.

“We believe they drugged him and after they finished whatever they were doing, they threw him outside the car in an area along Douglasdale in Hope Fountain where the police found him.

“He was then admitted here still unconscious and only regained consciousness today (Monday).

“We suspect that they used clandestine and unorthodox ways of drawing blood from him. This is Satanism at its worst,” added the visibly distraught mother.

However, soon after confirming the attack, she threatened to sue Southern Eye if it published the story.

With the help of relatives, the woman held the reporter investigating the story and handed him over to the police alleging that he was one of the suspects.

Police reportedly beefed up security around the boy’s hospital bed and no one was allowed near him, including hospital staff, without the permission of the matron.

Plain clothed cops formed a security cordon around the juvenile and all his medical reports were secured in the matron’s office as the police and hospital moved to block access to him and plug leaks on his condition.

Sources said another man was also admitted at the hospital after suffering a similar attack, sparking fears that a gang is on the loose targeting men.

He was discharged from UBH last Friday.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading