Siwela’s Hwange future uncertain

HWANGE midfielder Nkosana Siwela has revealed that he could be leaving the Castle Lager Premier League side despite having a running contract.

Thandiwe Moyo/
SUKOLUHLE Mthethwa

Siwela signed a two-year deal at the beginning of the 2014 season.

The former soccer star of the year finalist said: “I want to leave Hwange. I have stayed for too long and I now want to move. I have enjoyed my stay, but it is time for me to leave. I am going to ask for my clearance tomorrow (today).”

Siwela suffered a leg fracture in the November 2013 season in a league match against relegated side Motor Action at Colliery Stadium.

However, he recovered and started featuring for the Matabeleland North team when they played Chicken Inn in a pre-season friendly match at Luveve Stadium.

Siwela is not the only player missing from the Hwange camp as striker Aleck Marime is still to join the team with indications that they could be arraigned before the executive if they remain absent from the team until the end of the week.

Hwange coach Nation Dube said they were missing four senior players from the team with Oscar Lungu and Richard Jongwe having left the club.

“Aleck and Nkosana have not joined the club and they could not be reached on their mobile phones,” Dude said.

“They both knew that we had to reconvene from the holiday on January 12, but they still have not communicated. We will try and wait for them until the end of the week. If they don’t turn up this week, then when they do, it would be out of my hands.”

He said Lungu and Jongwe, who were absent when the team started  training, had since requested their transfer letters.

“Oscar indicated that he could be going to Zambia to Tennant Chilumba’s team (Power Dynamos),” Dube said.

“Jongwe has not said where he is going. Both players’ contracts expired at the end of last season and we were hoping that they were going to renew them.”

The Hwange head coach has indicated previously that he will not be buying any new players and will make use of his juniors to beef up his squad.

Dube has shown confidence in the juniors and recently promoted two — Gift Mbweti an attacking midfielder and Innocent Mucheneka a holding midfielder.

“I have said before that I will not be buying any senior players, but we will be making use of our junior players and retain our senior players,” he said.

Last week Hwange players were going through medical tests and were set to start training this week.

Our Partners:   NewsDay   The Independent   TheStandard  MyClassifieds