HomeNewsGeneralFire guts Gwanda DJ’s house

Fire guts Gwanda DJ’s house

-

Gwanda DJ “Kudamaster”, real name Kudakwashe Jacha, lost property worth almost $5 000 when his bedroom caught fire after a candle had been left burning torched the room.

ALBERT NCUBE
OWN CORRESPONDENT

There was no electricity in Gwanda for most of Monday and Jacha’s wife and their two-month-old baby survived the inferno that left walls cracked and asbestos sheets shattered. A distraught Jacha was going through rubble yesterday morning in search of the couple’s educational certificates as his wife was due for a job interview later in the day.

“I got a call at around 7pm and rushed home to find the bedroom in flames.

“Luckily no one was severely injured but my wife suffered minor burns on her arm in the process,” Jacha said.

He was playing at the newly-opened McInn’s BBQ Nite when the fire gutted his bedroom.

Part of the destroyed property includes a bedroom and lounge suite, wardrobe and clothes. Several electrical appliances like the refrigerator were affected by the heat.

The fire brigade managed to extinguish the fire before it spread to other rooms in the house.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading