Dynamos trounce Tripple B


Dynamos. . . . . . . . . (3) 4
Tripple B. . . . . . . . . . . . .0


FOR the first time in a very long time, Dynamos supporters rose unanimously to salute their team for a job well done.

A comfortable win against a battling Tripple B side at Rufaro Stadium yesterday saw a run of four games without a win for the Harare giants coming to an end.

It was a victory which kept Dynamos two points behind log leaders Highlanders, but most importantly the result was a huge relief to coach Kalisto Pasuwa who came into the match under very immense pressure from a section of the club’s supporters.

But it was the manner in which the home side went about their business yesterday that should give them some assurance ahead of what promises to be an explosive top-of-the-table clash against Bosso at Barbourfields Stadium on Sunday.

While Dynamos were simply ruthless and crude in their demolition, they were gifted the first goal when Tripple B captain Oscar Chove beat his own goalkeeper from an Ocean Mushure free-kick after nine minutes before Boban Bogere doubled the lead with a header 11 minutes later.

Four minutes later, Dynamos were three-nil up courtesy of Tawanda Muparati’s rising shot from inside the box and second-half substitute Washington Pakamisa completed the rout with a close-range shot with six minutes remaining on the clock.

Despite the huge win, Pasuwa looked cheerless during the post-match conference. Perhaps, it was a clear message to supporters that he was not amused by their behaviour in the last few weeks when the team was going through a lean spell.

Pasuwa admitted the confidence levels in his team had hit rock bottom levels, but believed yesterday’s result could be what his boys needed ahead of next weekend’s make-or-break encounter.

Tripple B coach Peter Manoti was gracious in defeat, conceding that the opposition was simply better on the day.

There was commotion before the match at the entrances when some Dynamos fans remonstrated against the club for hiking the gate charges to $5 from the usual $3.

The club’s secretary-general Webster Chikengezha moved swiftly and instructed the cashiers to revert to the usual charges, but those who had made it into the stadium earlier, lost out.

While Dynamos went into the match having not won a league match since their game against Caps United on September 15, Tripple B, second from the bottom were equally in need of points.

They started more positively and gave Dynamos a huge scare in the opening minute when Maxwell Mavhuto’s header went just wide.

Dynamos had to wait until the eighth minute to get their first real sight of goal when Oscar Machapa’s free-kick from outside the box was blocked by keeper Brighton Chikwandaza.

A minute later, Pasuwa’s men were in front. A free-kick from the right by Mushure was low and looked tame, but when the first defender missed the ball completely, it was always awkward for the other defenders and Chove’s miscue beat his keeper. A rupturous roar that followed the goal told the story.

After that early goal, Dynamos began to impose their influence with some intricate passing. So confident was the player on the ball that even Gift Bello was able to make a pass.

The home side went close two minutes later when Steven Alimenda hit the bar with an absolute thunderbolt from range while Bogere and Patrick Kumbula’s headers went wide.

Dynamos were cranking up the pressure and it was just a matter of time before they doubled their lead.

Bogere rose unmarked in the box to head home, but it was on second attempt after his initial attempt had been blocked by the keeper and the follow up by Kumbula had found the crossbar, but Muparati somehow guided the ball back into the danger area for the Ugandan international to nod home.

As Dynamos began to string pass after pass together, Tripple B were struggling to keep them at bay.

Muparati, playing one of his best games in a long time, controlled the ball inside the box, beat his defender twice before hitting the nets with a rising shot.

Murape Murape had his point blank shot saved by Chigwandaza on 38th minute as Dynamos took a comfortable three -goal lead into the halftime break.

No doubt pleased with what he had seen in the opening half, Pasuwa did not make any changes at the break.

His side threatened early on when Kawinga shot wide before Kumbula forced a smart save from the goalkeeper.

Dynamos were forced to make a change on the hour mark when rightback Machapa limped off the ground with a suspected ankle injury and Thomas Magorimbo was the natural replacement.

On 70th minute, Pasuwa made a double substitution, bringing in two fresh strikers Washington Pakamisa and Simba Sithole as the gaffer went for broke. Kumbula and Kawinga made way.

It took ten minutes for the new faces to make an impact when Pakamisa’s acrobatic effort was denied by the crossbar but there was nothing that could keep out the former Caps United forward a goal four minutes later when he showed some quick feet and thinking to beat a defender and the keeper after receiving a through pass from Murape Murape.