THE Bulawayo Athletic Board (BAB) is still hopeful that the Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo half-marathon will take place this year after being postponed several times last year.
BAB secretary Dailes Bingadadi said they were optimistic.
“We are hoping to have the marathon this year despite the fact that we did not make it last year. Organisers promised that the event would take place this year although we do not have the exact date,” she said.
Jabulani Hadebe, the Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Trust chief executive officer said he was not in office and would only be able to have details of the race on Monday.
Matabeleland South middle-distance runner Nkosiyazi Sibanda won first edition in the men’s category in one hour five minutes 42secs, taking home $500.
The women’s section of the race was won by Olivia Chitate in one hour 23mins 35secs and she picked up the first prize of $500.