IN-FORM Highlanders attacking midfielder Milton Ncube’s hard work has finally paid off after he received his first-ever Warriors call-up on Tuesday.
The Warriors are due to play Mauritius in the Chan tournament at the weekend.
The inclusion of Ncube brings the number of Highlanders players to three after goalkeeper Munyaradzi Diya and midfielder Masimba Mambare who are part of the Warriors squad.
Ncube said: “It is my first time to be called up for the Warriors squad, so I am very happy. It is an honour for me because I have been working very hard and my hard work has been noticed because I have been in good form.
“My aim is to make a mark in the national team and I want to give 100% effort when we play,” the 26-year-old midfielder said.
Despite a slow start in this year’s league, the former Motor Action man has been shining for Bosso.
He has banged in five goals for Highlanders.
Milton hogged the limelight for Highlanders after the strike-force that includes Beaven Chikaka, Graham Ncube and Njabulo Ncube fizzled out.
On May 26, when Highlanders beat Black Mambas at BF in a league match, Milton was on target with a flashing header past goalkeeper Tonderai Mateyaunga and also scored the solitary goal when Highlanders beat Hwange at the Colliery on June 2.
Milton scored the consolation goal when they lost 2-1 to Caps United at the National Sports Stadium. When Bosso lost 3-1 in a penalty shoot-out to FC Platinum in the quarter-final of the BancABC Sup8r Cup last month, Milton was the only Highlanders player who converted his spot-kick. Highlanders assistant coach Bekithemba Ndlovu yesterday said they were excited that Milton had been called up.
“We are very happy that Milton has been called up. He has been working very hard for the team and for himself, and he has been playing very good football.
“He was playing good football last year and this year again. I am not surprised that he has been called up because he is on top of his game. This has been long overdue,”