NEW Premiership boys How Mine have remained silent on who will take over as head coach at the club after the sacking of Philani Mabhena last Friday.
However, indications are that his assistant Philani “Beefy” Ncube is likely to take charge of the gold miners who need 12 points in the remaining 12 games to ensure another dance in top-flight football next year.
Sources told Southern Eye Sport that Beefy, the 2008 Coach of the Year with the now defunct Njube Sundowns, took the boys through their paces after Mabhena’s departure last Friday.
Confirming Mabhena’s dismissal on Sunday, Mlondolozi Nkomo the club chairman, said How Mine would be issuing an official comment on the appointment of the new head coach on Monday.
However, on Monday, Nkomo said he was in a meeting and since then his mobile phone has been going unanswered.
Mabhena was dismissed while in the process of beefing up the squad during the mid-season Zifa transfer window period which closes today.
How Mine have already closed the door on Thabani Moyo, Josphat Phiri and Lloyd Ngara with sources saying Thandazani “Malele” Ndlovu and Brighton Choto were also facing the axe, although that could change with the coming in of a new coach.
Likely to be signed by How Mine are Sizalobuhle Dube and Qinani “Chroma” Sibanda. It could not be established yesterday if former Warriors goalkeeper Ephraim Mazarura had obtained his reverse clearance from Swaziland, as Nkomo was not answering his phone.