HPC fed up with Gorowa

THE High Performance Committee (HPC) has washed its hands of Warriors coach Ian Gorowa after he failed to submit all the reports they had requested for a review of the national team’s performances following the failed 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.

TAWANDA TAFIRENYIKA
SPORTS CORRESPONDENT

The HPC claims Gorowa did not submit a report on the Chan tournament in South Africa in January as well as two international friendly matches against Malawi and South Africa, although on Saturday Zifa boss said the two reports for the matches against Tanzania had come through.

The HPC which met in Harare on Sunday discovered Gorowa, who had been given Friday’s deadline to submit the reports on the doomed campaign as well as the Chan qualifiers where the Warriors did extremely well to finish in the semi-finals only to lose on penalties to Libya, had submitted just two reports.

Gorowa, according to the HPC submitted just the international friendly against Tanzania which ended in a goalless draw last year as well as the 2-2 draw against the same opponents in the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifying campaign in Harare last month which all but ended Zimbabwe’s interests in the race for a ticket to the continental soccer show case in Morocco.

After their meeting on Sunday evening, the HPC said it had resolved to close the chapter over Gorowa’s issue and wait for a decision by the Zifa board.

“We resolved as the HPC to close the chapter on Gorowa. We don’t want to continue being involved in this issue. We received just two reports. There were no other reports for the Chan tournament, the friendly matches against Malawi and South Africa and the 2015 African Cup of Nations first leg against Tanzania. This is what we have recommended to the Zifa board and we are now waiting for the Zifa board to make a decision,” said HPC chair John Phiri who is also a Zifa board member development.

His vice Gibson Homela added: “Contrary to requirements, there was no action plan for 2014 and beyond. There were no CV and supporting certificates.”

The Zifa board is now expected to make a decision on the issue next week as Dube left for Brazil for the World Cup on Sunday.

Our Partners:   NewsDay   The Independent   TheStandard  MyClassifieds