Pastor strips naked in court


A PASTOR only identified as Victor Fire caused commotion at the Kwekwe Magistrates’ Court yesterday when he stripped naked and started dancing like a monkey in the courtyard bringing proceedings to a halt.


The pastor from the New Creation Generation church — whose body was heavily tattooed — was at court in solidarity with a pastor from his church, Nyasha Nyakutombwa, who is facing charges of assault and malicious damage to property.

The naked pastor pounced on a lady witness who was seated outside the court building and attempted to sexually assault her, but he was subdued by prison guards.

There was commotion at the court building which lasted more than 30 minutes as court officials waited for police reinforcements to deal with the pastor who seemed possessed.

Provincial magistrate Taurai Manwere had to issue an order for the pastor to be arrested by the Zimbabwe Prison and Correctional Services because of the late arrival of police details.

However, the pastor scaled the three-metre high security gate, negotiating spikes on the top before running down the street stark naked.

Four uniformed police officers who appeared scared of the pastor then gave chase as Fire, who was now in the company of other male church members, ran at an amazing speed down the street.

The police failed to apprehend the pastor, but Southern Eye caught up with him in Mbizo 11 next to his church.

He identified himself as Pastor Victor Fire, saying Fire is his church name which he adopted after his conversion to Christianity. He said he was an armed robber and terrorised people before his conversion, but had now found peace in the Lord.

Nyakutombwa is alleged to have broken into the house of Beauty Chamisa while she slept on October 4 and assaulted her with fists while reportedly in a trance.

Nyakutombwa also broke Chamisa’s wardrobe and a table, removed pictures on the wall of her bedroom, before burning clothes which he claimed were used for traditional rituals.

Manwere remanded Nyakutombwa out of custody to November 11 on $100 bail.