FOUR suspects in the grisly Binga murder where four people were killed in cold blood in an alleged botched poaching deal in early January, have been transferred from Binga Prison to Hwange Prison.
SENIOR COURT REPORTER
The four are only likely to be tried in the next term of the High Court as the docket was still to be sent to prosecutors. Japhet Muleya (33), Lovemore Mudenda (38), Hardlife Dube and Robert Muleya (31) are facing four counts of murder and were last week remanded in custody to April 22.
However, a court official told Southern Eye that the case was still under investigation as the police were still to bring the docket to court.
“Investigations are underway.
“We are still to receive the docket and if it comes early, the matter could be tried in the next term of the High Court in May,” the official said.
Alvin Nyirenda (28), Mthulisi Leon Ndlovu (33), Nkosana Mdlongwa and Sithembinkosi Moyo are believed to have been shot with a high-powered rifle in the early hours of January 6.
All four bodies were found with gunshot wounds near Ngongonye Bridge at the Nkonkane River, some 15km from Manjoro business centre in Binga.
The bodies of Nyirenda and Moyo were found inside a white Isuzu pickup truck registered to Mdlongwa, who is believed to have had links to poaching syndicates.